Student Grade Petition from “F” to “W”

September 1, 2016

Questioner: Pali Sen

Posed to: Provost Earle Traynham, Academic Affairs

Once a grade is posted, can a student petition the grade after it is posted, for example to change an “F” grade after the final exam to make the grade a “W.”

Provost Earle Traynham provided a response from the floor:

Students are able to petition grades. The process involves review and recommendations by the faculty member, Department Chair, the College Dean, the University Appeals Committee, and the Provost. At each stage, recommendations regarding the grade change is determined and communicated to the student.

* Also Answered here