Ways of Expressing Dissatisfaction with a Dean

February 8, 2018

Questioner: Anonymous

Posed to: Radha Pyati, President Faculty Association

What is the process for expressing dissatisfaction with a dean, beyond speaking with the dean? Is there an option for a vote of no confidence for a dean?

Response from President Pyati, from the floor:

Each Dean undergoes an IDEA survey annually, enabling faculty to provide feedback on a Dean. The UNF Constituion Article V Section 4 states that faculty can conduct an anonymous retention vote of any dean prior to the end of their term. The FA officers will assist faculty with such a vote, any interested group of faculty representatives are invited to meet with FA officers to discuss this issue.