Posted to: John Delaney, UNF President
- What is the status of the Provost search?
- Given that the faculty have selected those to serve on this committee, when will the President appoint the additional members?
- When will the Presidential appointees to this committee be known to the faculty?
- When will the chair of the search committee be appointed and, thus, know to the faculty?
- When will the advertisement be placed for the position?
- Where will this advertisement for this position be placed?
- What timetable does the President have in mind for the eventual appointment of the Provost?
Written response from Dr. Thomas Serwatka, Vice President & Chief of Staff to the President:
I apologize for taking so long to contact you all about the provost search committee. When John asked me to chair the committee we didn’t know that I was going to go through a series of testing, surgery, recovery and all of the things that happen to the occasional old man. But I am back and ready to get the search process started.
We would like to pull the committee together for a lunch meeting on Friday, October 11, starting at 12:00. You will get an e-vite for the meeting with the details. Please respond, so we know how many lunches to order.
John will be joining us for the first part of the meeting.
I look forward to working with you all on this task. It ought to be interesting to see how we, along with the rest of the faculty, define the qualifications for the position and how we structure the process.
We will have one other person joining us – a student representative.